Wednesday 22 July 2009

My new studio



I am on my way to setting up my own business, I now have a temporary studio in my parents back garden, their old shed. Although a bit old and falling apart it feels good to have somewhere to put all my yarn and equipment, just now there is a slight mouse problem so my yarn is living in the house until I have sealed boxes for it. It has now been about a month since i graduated and although i don't have a permanent job yet and I have signed on I am feeling more positive than ever. I will soon be selling my work on www.notmassproduced.com, I was asked to join the website after being seen at new designers. I am also designing some knitted pieces for an alpaca farm near Killearn, www.campsiecamelids.co.uk, I am using the yarn from the alpacas on the farm to produce baby blankets, scarves and other accessories. I'm really excited about this as it's my first proper design job since leaving university, I am now a freelance designer, so exciting! Now all I need is a permanent job to help pay the bills until my business is up and running...

No comments: