Thursday 3 June 2010

Creative problem solving

I am currently working on my collection for autumn/winter 2010 but I have come to a block in my design process. My problem is that i have only been working on my business for 10 months so can't work out what sells best. So what should i make for this years collection:


Should I make more of cut out designs such as:


I did sell more of my cut out scarves last winter than any other design















Or work more on patterned fabrics such as:


I feel patterned cushions or scarves could be successful if I produce them in a more appealing end product and make sure the pattern is exciting and desirable.



Or should i go in a completely different direction following my creative developments and coming up with different finished fabric idea altogether.


I was thinking of creating cotton/lambswool fabrics using finishing processes to create unique fabrics that have exciting textures.

OR....

Should I just do a bit of each and see what sells this season coming.  I would love your suggestions! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you see your collection sells in some time of the year, reproduce it in a different approach to call it a new collection. I love your cut out scarves very much. Will love to see more of them in your shop. I will agree with you to do a bit more varieties to see how.

Sounds exciting to hear you want to experiment with fabrics and textures. :)

Good that you keep a good monitor over your selling products. Keep up the good work and happy creating! :D

Victoria Logan said...

Thanks for your advice, think I will do a bit of each :) am off to start knitting now.

Ruth Archibald-Swaans said...

I think the cut out ones look great! And very original, I haven't seen much like that in mainstream places. Happy knitting!!x