Thursday 1 September 2011

New Project

So I am finally an MA in design cultures and am no longer a student. It has been a long year with a lot of study but I'm pleased I achieved so much personally and academically over the past 12 months. Unfortunately this has meant my my textiles have taken a back seat. So I have decided that over the next month I shall dedicate myself to creating new products, creating an up to date portfolio and experimenting more with my designs and final outcomes.

This has led me to upholstering furniture with my fabrics. I bought a chair for €3.50 from a second hand shop about a year and a half ago and my boyfriend and I set about stripping it, it has only been completely stripped this week and is now waiting sanding and polishing before I can consider putting fabric on the seat. So here are some before and after photos to give you a taste of this new project!

Before




After



No comments: